Moving to GCC 4.9

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Sep 19 11:17:52 UTC 2014

On September 19, 2014 12:00:26 AM CDT, Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>On 18/09/14 23:47, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to move all platforms to GCC 4.9.x?
>>
>> If not, which ones have issues and do these issues
>> have GCC PRs filed?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>The PowerPC build issues have been fixed.  Also the C++ problem with
>GCC 4.9
>for SMP configurations is fixed.

So we should move to the latest GCC 4.9 release?

We can discuss whether it makes sense to wait until my newlib inttypes.h work is done. Then we only make one tool bump.

Newlib should be making monthly tarball snapshots starting in October per our request so that may be a good point to bump both.

--joel