or1ksim: Updated results from RTEMS Tester

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Sat Sep 20 23:25:35 UTC 2014

On September 20, 2014 6:15:13 PM CDT, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>On 21/09/2014 8:57 am, Hesham Moustafa wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
>> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 20/09/2014 3:13 pm, Hesham Moustafa wrote:
>>
>>         I have 4 physical cores, and I usually run make with J8. My
>host
>>         OS is
>>         fedora 20.
>>

>>     Try with --jobs=4 and see if you get any time outs. Anything else
>>     running at the same time may effect the result.
>>
>> I did, but no big difference, the passed tests only raised to 446
>> although the system monitor was indicating an average processor
>> throughput of 75% during this run instance with --job=4.
>
>What does --jobs=none return as results ?
>
>> It also shows
>> that I have 8 CPUs (2 virtual ones per one physical core).
>
>I am not sure what effect hyper-threading gives us in this case.

Piling on but just running the long running ones by hand with qemu directly and seeing how long they take with time is an option.

Also is this with or without debug enabled? The results are actually pretty good for a new port and we want to be diligent. Chris or I need to do a run with the same config on sis, psim, and jmr3904 as a comparison.