Uptime difference between FreeBSD and RTEMS

Alexander Krutwig alexander.krutwig at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 1 08:07:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

during my work with FreeBSD timecounters, I found out that the FreeBSD
timecounters start with an uptime value of 1 second. Developers of
FreeBSD told me that this is due to problems in the ARP code.
RTEMS uptime is initialized to an uptime value to 0 seconds.
Are there any problems if the configuration of the RTEMS uptime is also
initialized to 1 second for synchonization? Else, we would have
different values for different API functions which is the second option.

Best regards,
Alexander Krutwig

embedded brains GmbH
Alexander Krutwig