Conversion to BSPs

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Apr 9 12:00:19 UTC 2015

On April 9, 2015 4:11:14 AM CDT, Alexander Krutwig <alexander.krutwig at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>the newest Timecounter patch was sent yesterday. As of now, the
>replacement of the nanoseconds extension with FreeBSD timecounters will
>
>also be started for the remaining BSPs. Exemplarily, the changes for
>the
>ERC32-BSP are given in the patch.

Nice to see this coming along so fast. Any thoughts on the impact of variable length clock ticks? This is often referred to as tickless but I am not as concerned with the use case of dynamically reprogramming the clock tick quantum as advancing time to account for being in a virtualized environment and your "container" not running for a while.