Connecting a proprietary device to a filesystem

Spam Bucket 2gigspambucket at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:51:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am attempting to implement a file system on a flash device over a
serial connection.

I have written routines that use the serial port on my board and happily
read and write data from the flash device.  I am trying to figure out
how to make these routines be the underlying I/O for a JFFS filesystem.

I see how to register routines with the I/O Manager.  However, once that
is done, I am unclear as to how to associate them with a device or a
filesystem.  I also see code for flashdisks and nvdisk and various block
oriented access.  I don't yet see where the actual low level I/O occurs
(I have just started reading that code).

If someone could point me to some documentation, or some sample code
somewhere or just give me some pointers on how this portion of the
system is designed, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.