RTEMS Driver

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Wed Apr 1 23:05:40 UTC 2015

Hello Hugo,

On Wednesday 01 of April 2015 12:58:33 zj577 at york.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am a student to work with RTEMS these days.
>
> I like this OS, but I found there's few information about RTEMS, I am
> really desired to know how can I add a new driver for it, such as LCD
> driver or others.
>
> From the official information, there is only some API and function
> interface, is there any specifc course of it? step by step.

if you consider frame buffer driver then you can look to
i386 BSP console driver which can be used as some reference.
If you consider to use Microwindows for basic drawing then
you can write Microwindows driver for direct framebuffer
access if you are targetting some embedded architecture.

You can find description and code which we use on our
instruments in the next thread

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.rtems.user/22408/focus=22411

You can write keyboard UID (micro input driver) driver
based on other RTEMS KBD or mouse driver and use kbd_rtems.c
on the Microwindows side.

Best wishes,

               Pavel