[RFC] Renaming or1ksim BSP

Hesham ALMatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:17:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On 4/14/2015 11:41 AM, Hesham ALMatary wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently or1ksim BSP images can run on or1ksim, QEMU, jor1k, and/or
>> any or1k based hardware running on FPGAs. The differences maybe with
>> some boards running or1k on different frequencies, but almost all of
>> them run at 50 MHz.
>>
>> I was thinking of renaming or1ksim to something more generic and maybe
>> it can be parametrized if needed. What about "or1k-generic"? The
>> parameters can be the frequency and/or memory size if necessary. Would
>> appreciate your comments.
> genor1k is more like some other BSPs.  Does the BSP match a specific
> configuration
> of the or1k with a name?
I don't think so. Like microblaze, the hardware is flexible. They have
different SoC/cores like the old or1200 and mor1kx (hardware
optimized), however the current RTEMS port can run on both. I came
across "mor1kx-generic" name before but don't remember where was that.

--
Hesham