4.11 branch point

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Apr 17 14:06:58 UTC 2015

On 4/17/2015 5:11 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think everything for the 4.11 release is now in the tree. It would be
> good to do the branch soon, since the watchdog changes and the FreeBSD
> timecounters should probably be not in the release. We can test and
> polish for the release in the branch.

Agreed.  Nothing is really outstanding AFAIK from a patch perspective.
I still need to run coverage and post reports. We haven't looked at that
in a while and the changes could have negatively impacted that. That
can be post-branching.

Are you including the new timer server implementation you just
posted as a post-branching merge?

I would like to do a build and test sweep before we branch. Daniel's
patch was quite large and I just want to make sure all is OK still.
But nothing really blocking except a sanity check. All built OK overnight
and the test runs have been acceptable.

This is the point at which feedback from real hardware from user's would be
appreciated but I won't hold a release waiting for any. I will be doing
a sweep
on simulators.  Anything additional is a plus.

I would really like for Chris to be back from holidays before we push
the button. Just in case. :)