create x86_64 BSP

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwu.edu
Fri Aug 7 13:38:07 UTC 2015

An x86_64 BSP would be a welcome addition for testing purposes, which
Amar is interested in, and for getting another 64-bit target ported.
The best place to start would be to read the CPU supplement and BSP
porting guide. Any new architecture will need a GCC toolchain, which
is relatively straightforward but takes some time to add the correct
config lines into GCC. I've CC'd Hesham, as he has the most recent
experience with porting RTEMS to new architectures, so he might know
where you can find more information.

Gedare