RTEMS lwIP porting

Daniel Gutson daniel.gutson at tallertechnologies.com
Mon Aug 10 16:20:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On 8/9/2015 4:57 AM, ragu nath wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have sent the patches for building lwIP from RSB.  First patch
>> contains changes for RTEMS Resource Builder. The second patch is RTEMS
>> specific changes that will be applied to lwIP base.This patch contains
>> only lwIP sources. I will be sending another patch for the driver to
>> be used with lwIP. The application can then link to both of the
>> libararies (lwip & driver).
>>

> Has the LWIP patch been submitted upstream to the LWIP maintainers?
>
> And where do drivers come from? From what I have seen, LWIP seems
> to not have a unified base of device drivers. Would this just be to
> build the basic stack and then it is the users responsibility to
> find and compile a driver?

Also, what from these comes from our work? Sorry that I'm a little bit
confused and arrived late to the
subject. BTW, there is still work to do, since the state we left
working LWIP is using the posix layer,
which we observed introduces important overhead, so a further step is
to reimplement the LWIP's HAL
using the RTEMS native API instead. Any plan for that?

Thanks!

    Daniel.