Protected and Unprotected operations on Chain_control

Saurabh Gadia gadia at usc.edu
Wed Aug 12 15:48:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

For operations related to manipulation of Chain_Node we have two modes for
that: protected and unprotected. In protected access to chain we guard the
operation by disabling the interrupts while in unprotected we don't guard
it. Is it that we don't disable interrupts in unprotected mode because we
are sure that ISR will not affect the operation and with protected ISR may
affect the operation so we guard operation against it. When is protected
and unprotected used in respect with the context?

Thanks,

Saurabh Gadia