obsolete h8300 was Re: cppcheck errors

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Aug 27 21:52:02 UTC 2015

On 8/27/2015 4:22 PM, Martin Galvan wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Daniel Gutson
> <daniel.gutson at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:
>> Please note too that there are some false positives, like the realloc one.
>
> Actually, we ruled out most false positives. IIRC that one is an actual bug.
>
> Btw, sorry for the Spanish comment there. It means that if we don't
> initialize _ccr we just get a #warning, but the actual problem
> remains.

The h8 port is up for discussion to be deprecated. As best I can
tell most, if not all, of the models we support are not recommended
for new designs. I think the entire h8300 family is in that situation.

The h8sx and h8s are the only viable parts of the family left.

I wanted to start deprecation discussions now that we are past
branching 4.11. :)

My intention would be to announce ports and BSPs as deprecated in
4.11 and remove them from the master to reduce our work going
forward.