Linker Set Based Initialization

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 8 20:10:23 UTC 2015

----- Am 8. Dez 2015 um 16:03 schrieb Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org>:

> What BSPs/architectures have you tested?

I will test the with the attached patch tomorrow on all BSPs. This patch adds a link time test to ticker. This test verifies that the linker command file modifications for the RTEMS linker sets are all right. I verified by hand that it detects a missing KEEP(), SORT() or section description.

I think the linker set based initialization is very beneficial. For example with it we no longer need a build time option to disable/enable the POSIX API. We can enable it all the time with virtually no overhead for applications which don't use it.