Concurrency in JFFS2?

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Dec 3 14:30:11 UTC 2015

Oh, I see. Do you happen to remember where that lock is
acquired/released? I saw the up/down macros in the eCos code at the
points where the RTEMS mutex_lock/unlock would be called (e.g. in
jffs2_new_inode). up/down end up calling Cyg_Mutex::unlock/lock, which
aren't empty, so it seems that there's a bit of fine-grained locking
there.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used the eCos port of JFFS2 as a base for the RTEMS port. Like in eCos, a global lock for a JFFS2 file system instance is used.
>
> ----- Martin Galvan <martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com> schrieb:
>> Hi everyone! I'm working on porting F2FS from Linux based on the JFFS2
>> port Sebastian did. When inspecting the code I found that
>> libfs/jffs2/include/linux/mutex defines struct mutex to be empty, and
>> all the mutex-related functions to do nothing.
>>
>> This seems to imply that there's no concurrency management in the
>> JFFS2 code. Is this intentional? Should I do the same when porting
>> F2FS?
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16