Linker Set Based Initialization

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 8 20:39:07 UTC 2015

----- Am 8. Dez 2015 um 21:24 schrieb Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org:

> Sorry. I didn't see that patch get committed this morning and didn't realize
> it addressed the issue. When you said, BSPs needed to use linkcmds.base
> and not cut and paste, I took that to mean you hadn't touched any other
> BSPs.

I meant that it would be nice if all architectures could use a linkcmds.base.  Editing all these slightly different files was no real fun.

> I will try to test some on BSPs you didn't.
>
> Is the ticker addition just a temporary thing to get us through this
> testing phase?

Good question, my quick and dirty patch is a good test, but it requires several host tools, e.g.

sparc-rtems4.12-nm ticker.exe | grep _Linker_set | sort | cut -d ' ' -f 3 > actual-linkersets.txt
diff /home/sh/rtems-4.12/c/src/../../testsuites/samples/ticker/linkersets.txt actual-linkersets.txt

I am not sure if this would add new requirements on the development host. Not a big deal on Linux, but ...