open_dev_console.c review

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Feb 13 16:38:13 UTC 2015

Hi

I was looking at libcsupport/src/open_dev_console.c and had
a few thoughts.

(1) Since this method is only configured to be used when the
console driver is installed, should we now consider it a fatal
error if the first open() fails? The error decision was made
before we could drop this method out of the initialization
path automatically.

(2) These error codes are arbitrary. Sebastian worked to
make a list of standard codes for fatal errors. Should these
be in that list?

Thanks.