BSP requests.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Feb 11 03:12:22 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 1:57 pm, Alan Cudmore wrote:
> Raspberry Pi times on my PC ( 6 core AMD, 8GB RAM, SSD , Ubuntu 14.04 ) :
>
> Standard build system:
>     Bootstrap : 7m4s
>     Configure step: 8s
>     Build: 3m15s
>
>     Size of RTEMS Tree after bootstrap: 308Mbytes
>
> Waf build:
>     configure: ~4s
>     build with tests: 29s
>
>     Size of RTEMS tree : 188Mbytes
>
> Nice improvement! ( although I did not run the standard build with the
> -j 14 flags, would that speed up the bootstrap? )

The RSB has a sb-bootstrap that makes the bootstrap run in parallel.

> Will this waf system work on windows hosts?

Yes. Using mingw64 (or native Windows) built tools should give you
excellent performance.

I am working on the RSB using MSYS2 (https://msys2.github.io/). MSYS2 is
well worth a look and currently gets a big tick from me. Nice packaging
(pacman) and up to date and things seem to just work. I am currently
using tmux in a shell on Windows and it is just like FreeBSD or Linux.

I have the tools building up to gdb and I am having issues with Python.
The Python MSI installer from python.org provides .lib files which
mingw64 does not like. There are a few possible work solutions I am
looking at but nothing I am happy with.