how patching

Олег Мороз oleg.moroz at mcc.vniiem.ru
Sat Feb 14 09:29:55 UTC 2015

I've tried to do that on a flying spacecraft. Spacecraft on board
computer's RTOS was a vxworks but in my case it does not matters. I've
did it in most easiest way. I've got an original binary file (with which
SC was launched) and a modified (with some bugfixes). Then i'm just
compare it byte by byte and collects diffs like:

0x01234 0A 12 13 14 15
0x03456 FF FA FB FC FE

and i know that my binary file is located in OBC RAM started from
0x2010000 then i'm just add this start address to diff file address and
load to spacecraft. Works like a magic, but your could fix some very
simple bugs because original and "fixed" file should have the same sizes.