RTEMS for ARM Cortex-M1 ?

Daniel Gutson daniel.gutson at tallertechnologies.com
Sat Feb 14 11:48:33 UTC 2015

http://www.microsemi.com/products/fpga-soc/design-resources/dev-kits/proasi
> c3/cortex-m1-enabled-proasic3l-development-kit
>
> Wikipedia says the Cortex-M1 is an ARMv6M architecture.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-M#Cortex-M1
>
> I see that there is ARMv7M support in score, would a similar be
> needed for ARMv6M?
>
> Is an ARMv6M close to anything in RTEMS now?

FWIW, We've developed a BSP for the cortex m3 which AFAIK has a reduced
instruction set so the profiles should be similar. With correct
configuration of the ticker and console drivers, the armv7-m should be a
good starting point for your BSP.
The GNU tool chain already supports the architecture, so all is needed from
that side is the proper linker script. Finally,there's qemu which support
Was not finished last time I checked. We're developing support for the
cortex M 4 so we can let you know once we commit the patches so you can
have a starting point in case an emulator is also needed.