Trouble building examples-v2 with waf. Was: Re: can't compile both_hello - POSIX API error

Dominik Taborsky bremby at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 4 21:23:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 22:09:16 +0100, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/2015 2:47 PM, Dominik Taborsky wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 21:12:16 +0100, Joel Sherrill
>> <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

>>> Sure. Since it worked for me, that's the next step.
>> OK. I've completely rebuilt RTEMS from scratch and it works now. It
>> looks
>> like some old config was still in place.
>>
>> Now I have a different problem - waf has trouble building examples-v2 in
>> root of the repo. GCC complains about bsp_specs trying to rename spec
>> 'endfile' to already defined spec 'old_endfile'. It happens quite
>> randomly
>> among the files. I've never worked with these bsp specs before, so I'm
>> at
>> my wit's end.
>>
>> sparc-rtems4.11-gcc: fatal error:
>> /opt/rtems-4.11//sparc-rtems4.11/sis/lib/bsp_specs: attempt to rename
>> spec
>> 'endfile' to already defined spec 'old_endfile'
>> compilation terminated.
> These tools are in /opt. Did you build them using the RTEMS Source
> Builder (RSB)
> or install RPMs?

RSB. The tools (GCC, etc.) are not in /opt, but in my folder somewhere at
$HOME. RTEMS is installed to /opt with tools in /opt/rtems-4.11/bin.

> This isn't a waf problem but looks like a tools issue.

May be true. I'm still a beginner around RTEMS and its toolchain and build
process. But everything else seems to work fine. Even the individual
files, that cause the waf build process to fail, build fine with make.