Possible generic RSB issue

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jan 15 20:13:35 UTC 2015

On 1/15/2015 2:05 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Joel Sherrill
> <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>> On 1/15/2015 1:47 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>> Did you update the binutils version number in the RSB build set? e.g.
>>> 4.11/rtems-moxie.bset
>> Yes. I switched it to git. But moxie is using 2.24.
>>
>> I removed the old moxie tools from the install point and it is now using
>> the right as version. Checked by going into gcc build and doing:
>>
>> ./gcc/as --version
>>
>> Still needs a gcc update I think but it is by this issue. :)
> OK, so the problem seems to be that RSB did not detect that you needed
> to build a new binutils? I thought the default RSB behavior will build
> them new and install them.
It builds the new one but doesn't install it until after the entire
build completes.
This leaves old binutils installed.
>  Did you specify the same prefix for
> installing as the old install point?
Yes.
>  That should "just work" I would
> think.
It has in the past but the old binutils was sufficient to build the new
gcc. :)

I suspect it has always been using previous binutils to build gcc. Not
the one
which will be installed with it.