FAT32 filesystem on an USB flash drive

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Wed Jul 1 20:39:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone! I'm currently working on a simple logger app which will
write into an USB flash drive. It'll create a text file on a FAT32
filesystem to store data to.

Since libusb doesn't offer the drivers needed by my device, I'm
compiling a vendor-provided baremetal USB stack as a stand-alone
application. So far it's doing a good job of detecting the drive. I'd
like to know how could I use the MSDOS interface provided by RTEMS to
manage the flash drive as a block device. Specifically, I'd like to
know what's the relationship between libfs and libblock, and where
should I place the USB stack primitives. Any concrete examples (other
than testsuites/samples/fileio, which doesn't use flash disks) would
be more than welcome.

I've already read the RTEMS wiki, the filesystem design guide and the
comments in flashdisk.h, and still didn't find anything useful.

--

Martin Galvan

Software Engineer

Taller Technologies Argentina