RPi Graphic testing

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Jul 20 13:06:23 UTC 2015

Hello Qiao Yang,

I have spent more time with attempt to test
your RPi code but I am not sucesfull.
I have tried direct boot to application binary
as well as U-boot based start.

I expect that problem source can be version
of my primary bootloader

  bootcode.bin + start_cd.elf + start_x.elf

or config.txt setup.

Please, prepare zip archive with files found on your
boot partition, ideally with one or two RTEMS
applications. I try change components to mine
and check when it stop work.

Ideal option is, if you can place archive
to some public location and sent URL.
If it is a problem and it is larger than
200 kB or something sane like then send
it to me directly offlist. If there
is interrest, I have no problem to put it
on my page at university. Or you can use
some free store and download site.

On my setup, I am able to run mainline RTEMS
ticker without problems. When I run ticker
build from your sources then it gets through
autodetection but even if I try to modify
framebuffer RAM area directly there is no
change visible on the screen. Mode seems
to be setup correctly when I press info
button on the monitor.

I have spent most time till now to prepare
reasonable RPi debug setup.
More info in the next message.

Best wishes,

              Pavel