CMSIS?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Jul 29 20:38:27 UTC 2015

On 7/29/2015 3:21 PM, Daniel Gutson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>     I just got a student who likes this project and wants to provide a
> CMSIS API to RTEMS as her career final project.
> I will be her director.
> Besides telling her to read stuff, documentation, and the github
> source files, any initial advice about how to implement this
> on top of RTEMS? I.e. an external library with RSB support?

Looking back at the page I cited, I see this list:

(a) ./CMSIS/DSP_Lib - DSP Library sources and examples;
(b) ./CMSIS/Include - Header files;
(c) ./CMSIS/Lib - DSP Library build for various toolchains;
(d) ./CMSIS/RTOS - Header file template for CMSIS-RTOS implementation; and
(e) ./Device - Template files and implementations for Cortex-M class processors.

I assume the first part would be to implement the (d) CMSIS/RTOS
APIs in terms of RTEMS services. (a)-(c) appear to be unrelated
to RTOS and (e) looks like help for BSPs.

Is that the area you had in mind? Or something else?

If so, then I personally would begin by mapping those operations
onto available public services.

--joel