Prototype implementation for self-contained objects

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 23 14:05:53 UTC 2015

On 7/23/2015 8:54 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 23/07/15 15:49, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Is this intended for master only or also for the 4.11 branch?
>
> This is for the master only if you ask me.

OK. I hoped so. :)

I have deferred saying much about post 4.11 but I would like
to propose a few targets and BSPs for removal. But we need to
decide when to bump the version before that IMO.
The master needs to be version > 4.11 now. But that also impacts
rtems-source-builder so I want to be sure we have
version changing instructions that can be followed in the
future.

We could move to 4.12, bump to a later gcc, drop some targets
and BSPs, etc. fairly quickly if we want to. Based on student
summer activity and that, I expect we could make a 4.12 release
later in the year.