SMP support for Raspberry Pi 2

Rohini Kulkarni krohini1593 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:52:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Sebastian Huber <

> Hello Rohini,
>
> please use the devel list.
>
> On 28/07/15 07:41, Rohini Kulkarni wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wish to understand where the interprocessor interrupts are used during
>> the boot process. During final initialization of SMP I can see
>>
>> rtems_interrupt_handler_install(
>>       ARM_GIC_IRQ_SGI_0,
>>       "IPI",
>>       RTEMS_INTERRUPT_UNIQUE,
>>       bsp_inter_processor_interrupt,
>>       NULL
>>     );
>>
>> Raspberry Pi 2 does not have the generic interrupt controller. Interrupt
>> routing will have to be handled differently. So I wish to understand how/
>> where it is used. I suppose this might be the problem.
>>

> Sorry, that the documentation is so scattered.  I think we should move
> everything into the CPU Architecture Supplement. It would be nice if you
> can help to improve the documentation since you have a different view point.
>
> You must install the IPI during the system initialization. It is raised
> via the _CPU_SMP_Send_interrupt() function, for an example see
> arm-a9mpcore-smp.c.

I could locate the function in  arm-a9mpcore-smp.c. but it would be helpful
if I can know where this being called from, a deeper call hierarchy, so
that I can ascertain this is a problem. I can see a Send_messgae function
call this. But don't know where the send message is being called from.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Rohini Kulkarni <krohini1593 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:krohini1593 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Ok. Qemu suggestion seems helpful for the cache configuration
>>     issue though. I am trying with Pi 1.
>>
>>     Thanks.
>>
>>     On 22 Jul 2015 18:59, "Sebastian Huber"
>>     <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>>     <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>>
>>         Sorry, I cannot help you here since I never worked with a
>>         Raspberry Pi.
>>
>>         --         Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH
>>
>>         Address : Dornierstr. 4, D-82178 Puchheim, Germany
>>         Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
>>         Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
>>         E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>>         <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>
>>         PGP     : Public key available on request.
>>
>>         Diese Nachricht ist keine geschäftliche Mitteilung im Sinne
>>         des EHUG.
>>

>> --
>> Rohini Kulkarni
>>

> --