RTEMS GPIO API

André Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:44:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have just updated my GSOC blog [1] with a detailed post about how a
rtems-wide GPIO API could look like, and at the same time exposing the
current features of the Raspberry Pi GPIO API and how it can evolve to
that level.

I tried to make it as generic and flexible as possible, but that can be
hard with the number of platforms where rtems can be used. Api and
method naming were somewhat overlooked, as well as the definition of
possible error codes since I am not sure if it would be correct to have
a set of error codes for this API, or if it should use
rtems_status_code, or other.

Current code for the Raspberry Pi GPIO API can be looked at in [2],
where I am currently carving out the rpi specific code.

I tried to be as clear as possible in the blog, and now I would like to
ask any interested party to have a look and hopefully point failure
points and suggestions, or ask for clarifications. It would also be
interesting to hear the community expectations towards an API such as
this one.

[1] - https://asuolgsoc2014.wordpress.com/2015/06/08/rtems-gpio-api/
[2] -
https://github.com/asuol/rtems/tree/GPIO_API/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/raspberrypi/gpio