USB Host and MMC/SD Card Stack

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Wed Jun 17 12:26:35 UTC 2015

Yes, it is, although the support (more precisely, the host side) was
added recently (and thus it's not yet on RTEMS' libbsd). These are the
files used by the Beaglebone Black:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/usb/controller/musb_otg.c?revision=278850&view=markup
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/ti/am335x/am335x_musb.c?revision=283276&view=markup

Is there an easy way to port these to RTEMS? I'm not sure how much the
BSD driver infrastructure has changed since 8.2.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 16/06/15 21:28, Martin Galvan wrote:
>>
>> Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which USB and MMC/SD card hardware modules has this chip?  Are they
>>> standard modules, e.g. EHCI, SDHC or something like this?
>>
>>  From what I saw, the USB module on the Beaglebone Black is built
>> around the Mentor musbmhdrc USB OTG controller, which is not EHCI or
>> OHCI compliant. The MMC/SD module is mostly compliant with SDHCI, with
>> a few quirks.
>

> Is this Mentor USB stuff supported by FreeBSD?  Writing a new USB host/OTG
> driver is a major task.
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16