RTEMS Source Builder OpenBSD support.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 22 00:24:42 UTC 2015

On 22/06/2015 4:37 am, Karel Gardas wrote:

> attach is git patch which provides basic OpenBSD support to the RTEMS
> source builder.

Thanks. I pushed it then reverted it when I notice it has a GPL license.
I have changed the solaris license and pushed that.

I hope this is not an issue. The RSB is all BSD licensed except asciidoc
and I would like to move to REST which would remove this dependence.

> The only issue so far (and I've not got that far) is
> that rtems tools, precisely libelf is broken and compilation fails
> because of it with:
>
> [  7/235] Compiling rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf_end.c
> In file included from ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:27:
> /home/karel/development/rtems/rtems-source-builder/rtems/sources/git/rtems-tools.git/rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/libelf.h:121:
> error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'STAILQ_ENTRY'
> In file included from ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:29:
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/_libelf.h:123: error: expected
> specifier-qualifier-list before 'STAILQ_HEAD'
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/_libelf.h:136: error: expected
> specifier-qualifier-list before 'STAILQ_HEAD'
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:31: error: expected
> declaration specifiers or '...' before string constant
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:31: warning: data definition
> has no type or storage class
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:34: error: 'LIBELF_ARCH'
> undeclared here (not in a function)
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:35: error: 'LIBELF_BYTEORDER'
> undeclared here (not in a function)
> ../rtemstoolkit/elftoolchain/libelf/elf.c:36: error: 'LIBELF_CLASS'
> undeclared here (not in a function)
>

> positive thing is that upstream version of elftoolchain project already
> supports OpenBSD and I've tested the libelf is buildable on it, so it's
> perhaps "just" of the matter of updating to what upstream provides?

I will have to take a look and see. It has been a while since I did this
and I cannot remember what I changed to get this to work. It will have
to be later this week as I have dead lines this week.

> To reacap current status: iconv is not used in newlib due to issue with
> big5 encoding (configure complains about it). GDB is build w/o python
> since linking against libpython on OpenBSD fails for so far to me
> unknown reason.

Can you build a native gdb for OpenBSD with Python ?

> I hope both those limitations are not show-stoppers so
> when elftoolchain issue is solved I'd rather continue to see if I'm able
> to build whole RTEMS tool chain.

Excellent news. Please update the license and resend.

Thanks.