Sendfile for Rtems

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jun 23 19:37:55 UTC 2015

I just had a quick look at kern_sendfile() in uipc_syscalls.c. It seems that it uses virtual memory for the file access, so this won't work on RTEMS. However it would be nice to have an optimized sendfile() which avoids one copy and uses mbufs directly.

----- Sujay Raj <sujayraaj at gmail.com> schrieb:
>Okay, So I will dig in to the details of the implementation of sendfile on freebsd to find if it does indeed use mmap, or if there is an implementation that doesn't.
I will inform as soon as I figure it out if this is the correct way out.
Thanks and Regards,Sujay Raj

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de