configuring libbsd for em NIC driver

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Jun 24 20:27:39 UTC 2015

Hi

As I posted, I have the pc386 up to the point where I can
run the non-network tests with one intermittent failure.

I am pretty sure Mark wants the em driver found in
freebsd/sys/dev/e1000/ (em driver).

FWIW it looks like qemu simulates a handful of useful
NICs. I would like to also be able to exercise them.

qemu: Supported NIC models: ne2k_pci,i82551,i82557b,i82559er,rtl8139,e1000,pcnet,virtio

This covers the em, fxp, rtl, and AMD PCNET Lance. That's
would cover a lot of the PC territory.

So how does one configure this in the stack? And bring
it up enough to see that the NIC is found.

Thanks.