GSoC 2015 RPi USB Support

André Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:51:03 UTC 2015

On 25-06-2015 14:33, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Ask what other folks using the RPi are doing.

I do not know if anyone using the Pi with RTEMS currently has a debugger
working. Last year Alan posted in his blog [1] a configuration using a
FT2232H mini module and OpenOCD that connects to the Pi through JTAG,
however although we get a JTAG connection, any code that is sent to the
Pi fails to be tranferred. I have checked his wiring, and pinpointed one
of the possible reasons for the fail to be in the JTAG setup program
(the JTAG interface has to be configured on GPIO, but also pull
resistors have to be disabled, as well as possibly some other details
that are vaguely referred on the Internet). Another point of possible
failure may be in the configurations used with OpenOCD (which are
adapted from another ftdi device), or that something is missing in the
JTAG wiring. I checked this again before GSOC started, but without much
progress.

[1] -
http://alanstechnotes.blogspot.pt/2014/05/a-low-cost-jtag-debugger-for-raspberry.html