GSoC 2015 RPi USB Support

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 25 23:53:05 UTC 2015

On 25/06/2015 11:22 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 25/06/15 15:21, Yurii Shevtsov wrote:
>> What kind of debugging info do you mean? What else can I get except
>> serial output? Can I make it verbose?
>
> I would use a debugger and not serial output.

This is not easy on a RPi. The JTAG signals are not available on a
single connector such as the standard ARM 20pin one. The RPi assumes you
have a working Linux kernel and you play in user land.

The best idea I can come up with for a RPi is a boot type piece of code
that uses the OTG USB port as a slave USB serial device with the GDB
protocol. There was a GitHub project with something but I never looked
any further. Alan do you remember the link ?