RTEMS for ARM Cortex-M1 ?

Hesham ALMatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:17:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry I just see this thread now.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On February 14, 2015 10:38:13 AM CST, Alan Cudmore <alan.cudmore at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Thanks for the info.. so it sounds like a new BSP and some changes to
>>the ARMV7-M code in score.
>
> I wouldn't think there is a lot of work. Just tweaks to avoid instructions not available.
>
>>The project will also look at some other fpga based cpus. I'm glad to
>>see the openrisc and microblaze work going on.
>
> OpenRISC should be in good shape but your board may have more peripherals.

There are few supported FPGA boards by OpenRISC [1]. Also, Parallella
board [2] has Zynq FPGA, but my RTEMS port just run on the Epiphany
chip and communite with Linux in the the Dual ARM A9 cores, however I
believe that the Xilinx_Zynq BSP can easily run on the ARM cores
there.

> Hesham has been making progress on Microblaze. He can update us.

Hello World is working fine there, but didn't implement any timer
functionality yet, besides the license issue..

[1] https://github.com/openrisc/orpsoc-cores/tree/master/systems
[2] https://www.parallella.org/board/
>>Alan
>>
>>On Feb 14, 2015 8:29 AM, "Sebastian Huber"
>><sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>>
>>On 14/02/15 14:27, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>
>>On 14/02/15 12:48, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>>
>>We're developing support for the
>>cortex M 4 so we can let you know once we commit the patches so you can
>>have a starting point in case an emulator is also needed.
>>

>>The Cortex-M4 is already supported including the FPU (e.g. LPC4088).
>>

>>Hm, I should read more carefully.  You added a Cortex-M4 support for
>>Qemu including the FPU?
>>
>>--
>>Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH
>>
>>Address : Dornierstr. 4, D-82178 Puchheim, Germany
>>Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
>>Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
>>E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>>PGP     : Public key available on request.
>>
>>Diese Nachricht ist keine geschäftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.

Hesham