GSOC 2015 Monkey HTTP Server

Sujay Raj sujayraaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:45:49 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am interested in working on porting the Monkey HTTP Server to RTEMS
as a GSOC project.

This is the first time I am applying to GSOC and though I have written
a lot of code, it is also my first attempt at working in an Open
Source project.

Some personal projects that I have worked on include developing a
hobby operating system ( following Bran's Kernel Development Tutorial
and osdev ), writing ray tracers, as well as porting the nweb web
server ( 200 lines of C code ) to python ( it was undertaken as an
exercise to learn more about the functioning and implementation of
webservers ). Further I have familiarity with x86 assembly (nasm), not
extraordinary, but fluent.

I have successfully compiled and executed sample programs for
sparc-sis but from what I have read sparc-sis doesn't support TCP/IP.
So I followed the wiki and compiled it for pc386 on QEMU too as it had
networking support.

I was wondering if this may be the required architecture and simulator
for this project.

Further, I would like to mention, that though this may be an approach
with GSOC in mind, but I wish to end up as a full time contributor for
the RTEMS project in time to come as it suits my taste and past
experience.

Kindly point out things I need to do to proceed and other comments.

Regards