Branching 4.11

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Mar 14 00:38:19 UTC 2015

On 14/03/2015 12:30 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I would like to consider landing the drvmgr and pci patch-set as a
> sparc-specific feature (e.g. only included in builds for sparc.)

How is this controlled or are you saying we state in the release notes
this is only currently tested on SPARC BSPs ?

> The
> code is effectively being used by sparc users already via RCC. The bad
> thing is it is a lot of "untested code" (from an RTEMS Project
> perspective),

I could not see any tests in the patch set. This is currently my main
issue with merging now. Adding code to cpukit tree should have some
tests. The drvmgr tests should be able to run on any BSP.

> but we have no means to test it effectively anyways
> since it is all hardware-dependent.

Yes there is the issue of on going testing of some of the drivers added.
I suspect we need a commercial simulator to test. The buildbot work Amar
is doing should support slaves so it would be nice to see publicly a
commitment we can get access to a build slave hosted by someone with a
suitable simulator.