Hello demo on RPI

André Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:19:30 UTC 2015

On 15-03-2015 12:32, Alan Cudmore wrote:
> Nice work Qiao!
>
> Andre had submitted the patches for GPIO, SPI, and I2C including
> recommended fixes. It was then recommended that we switch to the new
> Linux based I2C API, and we ( or I ) got stuck there.

I have addressed almost every Pavel's suggestion
(https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2014-October/008911.html), and
the current code can be found on my last commit on my github
(https://github.com/asuol/rtems/commit/eca62b41521da2e606f38320d31c83ec82e30ab6).

The difference from the last patch is that now each interrupt handler
runs on its own task, and each user-defined handler may have as many
arguments as the user may want (through a void pointer). Each pin can
also have multiple handlers at the same time, so multiple devices may
share a GPIO pin for interrupts, in which case each handler must inform
if their device acknowledge the interrupt. The code is not yet
thread-safe, so locking and compiler barriers are still missing if they
are to be used on a concurrent environment, will try to conclude as soon
as possible.

> For the time I have available, it was not going to be a 1 or 2 day fix
> to move Andre's I2C implementation to the new Linux based API. It was
> taking me a while just to understand what needed to be done.
>
> A little later today, I will try to come up with a proposal to split
> the Pi work so it can be done by 3 participants.. But we need to
> decide if re-doing the I2C implementation should be part of the work,
> or if we should use Andre's initial implementation as a baseline for
> everyone.

As soon as GPIO is in SPI can be sent directly, and the I2C is just a
matter of using the new API, just refactoring the code around a bit to
the new API functions (still have not looked at the new API
unfortunately). Will have a look at it this week.

> Also, I will submit basic patches to create a raspberrypi2 BSP
> variant. I have built both the raspberrypi and raspberrypi2 BSPs and
> tested ticker so far.

I should receive my PI2 sometime this week, so I may be able to have a
look at it then.

--André.