About ether_output() function in if_etheresubr.c

Albert Huang alberthuang314 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:24:46 UTC 2015

Hi, Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. After digging more into it, PC does not receive
ARP reply from RTEMS. That's the problem of device driver for sure, and
I'll try to debug it tomorrow when I go to work.

But my question is the two ether_output() in a row. It looks like that
the ICMP packet was sent from IP layer to Ethernet layer by calling
ether_output(), but the other packet causes calling to ether_output()
again before previous packet getting processed by the remaining code of
ether_output(). Is this normal? Is there any synchronization problem
here? We developed our own BSP as well, so everything might be
wrong. :-)

Sometimes I get ether_output() with 84 bytes, and then ether_output()
with 0 bytes. That's very suspicious.

Best regards,

Albert