rsb build process - ftp error

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Sat Mar 21 01:35:39 UTC 2015

On 3/20/2015 8:14 PM, Anand Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build RSB for sparc. During the installation, it is
> trying to download autoconf-2.69.tar.gz over ftp but fails.

Is ftp blocked for you by a firewall? ftp.gnu.org is up and accessible
to me.
> Autoconf is already installed in my host machine. Why is it trying
> again to download?
Because it may or may not be the same version and patches as the one
that is mated
to the autoconf/make build infrastructure with RTEMS. I have at least a
half dozen
versions of automake and autoconf installed to deal with various GNU
packages.
> Also I think there is some error with downloading via ftp - is there
> some way I can change the download through http?

You can change that in these files.

[joel at localhost rtems-source-builder]$ ls  -1 source-builder/config/auto*
source-builder/config/autoconf-2-1.cfg
source-builder/config/automake-1-1.cfg

> I am also attaching the log file.

That shows ftp isn't working but not why. Can you get there manually?

Is ftp a blocked service? or is there some other issue?