GSOC 2015: Configuration GUI

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Sun Mar 22 16:50:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-22 01:21 +0530, Anand Krishnan wrote:
> So just to be clear again, we build a cross platform GUI to configure the
> classes in /defaults/options.py (eg: ALLOW_IRQ_NESTING, ARM_CL etc) -> this
> would be our output file, the file which we are supposed to change and put new
> values right?

Yes, it will use already built tools to create config.cfg.  The waf build system
already uses this behind the scenes.

> Out of the three variables in each class above, "value" variable which can be
> either one of String or StringList or Integer or Boolean as in config/
> options.py.

Yes, we also need more of these values to further support unique options within
RTEMS.

> One Doubt - where do we get the limit values from? for bound checking? (eg.
> self.limit in Integer and StringList classes)

This is already in the source and needs to be pulled out if there are
restrictions.

> I have also started writing up a proposal. It'd be great if you could go
> through it before I upload to GSOC website. Also, can I add my name to Students
> Proposal Table in GSOC Tracking Page? Also how can I do it without finalizing
> my proposal?

Sure, please email it to me directly and I will review it if you wish before
posting.

You can add yourself to the table and put 'TDB' in the proposal field.

Amar.