RTEMS sh TELNET session output switches from console to telnet?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Mar 29 17:03:09 UTC 2015

I have not updated my 4.11 since December 15.

I've noticed that output to an RTEMS shell opened in a telnet window sometimes goes to the telnet window and sometimes to the serial console window.  I think this is output sent to stderr and not stdout.  I think it's one-time-at-boot issue, the output will always go to either the telnet session window or the console window.

I'm at a busy-ness level in a project that this is an annoyance that I haven't tried hard to track down. I did search for bug fixes related to this and didn't see anything.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a fix since December that I missed?

I will characterize this better if no one knows about it, but not for a few weeks.

This is for the Phytec MPC5554 target using the phycore_mpc5554 BSP.

Peter