RTEMS sh TELNET session output switches from console to telnet?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Mar 29 19:03:38 UTC 2015

I don't think I made it clear that I'm always issuing commands to the telnet window and expecting the responses in the telnet window.

Some times after I boot the system if I telnet to ti and issue the command "spg motor.*log 1" it will generate output in the telnet window, as I expect it to, but on other boots "spg motor*log 1" will generate output in the serial console window, which is totally unexpected and means I need to keep an eye on the console.  This is fine right now, since I'm too busy to fix it, but I can't have normal engineers start using the software.

> On Mar 29, 2015, at 14:47 , Peter Dufault <dufault at hda.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 29, 2015, at 13:06 , Joel Sherrill <Joel.Sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>> If it is a one-time thing at boot issues, then it may simply be a printk()
>> during the BSP initialization or a printf() before the telnet session is
>> initiated.
>>
>> Can you capture the string? That would help locate it.
>>
> By one-time I mean after the RTEMS process boots, I think output goes to either the telnet session or the serial console.  I don't mean to be loosey-goosey here, but I don't want to state something I'm not 100% sure of.
>
> I have "spg" and "gpg" (set parameters with globbing, get parameters with globbing) commands in the RTEMS shell to "set parameters with globbing" and "get parameters with globbing", where globbing means the pattern is expanded as a regular expression. When I do "spg" it may set multiple parameters based on the pattern, so I can issue a command such as "spg motor.*log 1" to turn logging on all motors.  The "spg" command uses fprintf() to print the changes it makes to multiple variables to stderr, so that I can see what parameters were changed.
>
> Sometimes the changes are displayed in the telnet window, and other times the changes are displayed in the serial console window. They are always displayed in one or the other, and I *think* (but I won't promise) that where they are displayed (telnet window versus serial console) persists until a reboot.
>
> Peter
> Peter Dufault
> HD Associates, Inc.      Software and System Engineering

Peter