GSOC 2015 - SMP Projects

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Mar 10 15:04:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Rohini Kulkarni <krohini1593 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am interested in doing a project under SMP  (Improvements to SMP support).
> Are there any suitable SMP projects which can be undertaken as part of GSOC.
> However,I do not have an experience with such kind of development.

You might like to consider improving the x86-SMP support. Currently
there is no one maintaining it, so there is some maintenance work to
do such as [1], and there may be some improvement as well in the
interrupt handling. This would require some x86 assembly if you know
it or are comfortable learning it.

You could also look into extending the existing SMP support to other
BSPs in SPARC, ARM, or PowerPC, or in porting another architecture to
SMP.

There continues to be a lot of ongoing SMP work documented here [2].
You may like to browse the list and ask if any of those are possibly
good options.

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2183
[2] https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/SMP