GSOC 2015: Configuration GUI

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Tue Mar 10 18:08:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-10 22:59 +0530, siddharth singh wrote:
> Dear Mentors,
>
> I am Siddharth Singh currently pursuing B.Tech at IIIT-Delhi, India.
>
> I am willing to contribute to Configuration GUI project, I have a past
> experience of working on PyQt(GUI) and would like to contribute in the same
> field.

We will be using wxPython located at http://www.wxpython.org/

While it is different from Qt your experience there will help a lot with using
wxWidgets.

> Here is my github profile :
> https://github.com/siddharth7

OK thanks.

> It would be good to have some more details on the project from your side as the
> Idea page is not much informative(https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/
> Projects/ConfigGUI)

Yes, I created that page to make others aware this is a project we want students
to consider.

There aren't many details beyond what I wrote on that page as I wanted to leave
it open for anyone writing a proposal.  If you look on the secondary wiki pages
listed you'll see a list of options in options.py.  These are all typed any GUI
written can use these types and automatically build each panel and do bounds
checking.

Amar.