New source layout.

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Mar 12 13:01:45 UTC 2015

On March 11, 2015 3:44:04 AM CDT, Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

>Currently

>> This will be changed so it is no longer required.  The real problem
>is that we
>> have to use multiple -I and -B.
>>
>> The waf build does not use -B anywhere yet it works perfectly fine.
>All I am
>> proposing is unwinding all the include hacks that I added and being
>explicit.
>
>We need at least three -I options, one for the BSP headers, one for the
>
>CPU headers and one for the rest.

What will happen to source modules that are third party? Will we blend their .h with our own? Will this negatively impact the integrity of a source import?

Will we be losing on the modularilty front?

Sebastian.. You have merged multiple pieces of third party code in the past year. Let's take a couple as examples and walk through the impact on them. Libcrypt? Sha? Jffs2?

--joel