rtems-source-builder on cygwin/64

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Mar 13 04:55:46 UTC 2015

On 13/03/2015 3:12 am, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> On 2015-03-12 02:56, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> I invested a large amount time last year attempting to get cygwin to
>> build native tools and gave up. I just could not get anything close to
>> stable and then I really had no idea what I had got cygwin to actually
>> install (I suspect that is just my lack of knowledge). I am not sure
>> about building cygwin hosted versions of the tools.
>
> Ok, Chris, but how would I even start?
> On Cygwin, it tries to build the MinGW32 version of it, how
> can I trigger it to do a native cygwin/64 build?

Have a look in this line ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/windows.py#n56

.. and remove line 57 and make line 58 'host_triple = build_triple' so
the host and build names are the same by default.

If this works you might then be able to remove line 53 and allow 32bit
or 64bit.

Note, a user can always cross-compile for MinGW with cygwin using --host
command line option so nothing is lost with this change.