Branching 4.11

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Mar 13 05:04:21 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 1:33 am, Amar Takhar wrote:
> Can we come up with a plan for branching 4.11?
>
> We need to push off any commits made that are unrelated to tickets open in
> milestone 4.11 to the next release.  This way any changes we make have a narrow
> scope.
>
> This close to the release we should really be in a slush period then a hard
> close once all issues are resolved and we are working on the release process.
>
> Any commits after branching should only be related to getting 4.11 out.

I think we are in a slushy period and so we should be narrowing down
changes.

A couple of major issues:

  1. We need a suitable newlib snapshot to reference.
  2. We need to move to gdb-7.9 so we can at least build Windows
     tools on Windows. GDB 7.9 does not build for SPARC with our
     local patches.

In my view we cannot move until we have these items sorted.