GSOC 2015: Run Time Tracing

Richa Sehgal richasehgal2908 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:15:03 UTC 2015

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the detailed reply. This is indeed a very useful project.

I went through all the provided resources, read about CTF format, LTTng,
Babletrace, Trace Linker, etc. I have formed a rough picture in my head
about the things to do. Trace Linker is a tracing tool and its integration
in the capture engine engine would let us capture the traces. The
configuration files would store what all functions to trace and how to
output them (their ids, etc). On a very high level, the traces generated
would need to be converted to CTF format by Babletrace which can then be
ingested by tools like Trace Compass.

Am I right? Can you provide me with the next steps? Its a very interesting
project with a lot to learn and contribute, and I want to get a deeper
understanding of the same.

Thanks
Richa