GSOC 2015 Monkey HTTP Server

Sujay Raj sujayraaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:39:40 UTC 2015

Well I started writing the first draft of the project proposal ( which
I shall hopefully finish by tonight, Its 9 PM here ).

I am making "porting the Monkey web server to RTEMS as well as a
partial reorganization of the network stacks present in RTEMS to make
it more modular", as the primary deliverable of this project.

>From what it appears, porting Monkey can be done in about a month + a
week for any delays. The development environment is already set up and
I am tweaking around with the code. So, by the mid-term evaluation I
expect to get monkey working on RTEMS (without enough time for
debugging).

For the second part, that is, getting the network stack of choice
built from RSB for the applications to be built against, I am a bit
apprehensive about the time limit. This task, at the first glance
doesn't appear that difficult, but it might be. So the second half (
till the final evaluation ) will involve getting the network stacks in
a separate build + a separate package for network tests + debugging.

I think debugging and testing will be a major part of the project.

I was thinking along the lines, that the second part of the project
should be done first, but as Joel pointed out, the first step should
be monkey getting ported as a package.

kindly point out any comments/suggestions.