GSOC 2015: Configuration GUI

Anand Krishnan anandkp92 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:51:26 UTC 2015

So just to be clear again, we build a cross platform GUI to configure the
classes in /defaults/options.py (eg: ALLOW_IRQ_NESTING, ARM_CL etc) -> this
would be our output file, the file which we are supposed to change and put
new values right?

Out of the three variables in each class above, "value" variable which can
be either one of String or StringList or Integer or Boolean as in
config/options.py.

One Doubt - where do we get the limit values from? for bound checking? (eg.
self.limit in Integer and StringList classes)

I have also started writing up a proposal. It'd be great if you could go
through it before I upload to GSOC website. Also, can I add my name to
Students Proposal Table in GSOC Tracking Page? Also how can I do it without
finalizing my proposal?

Thanks,
Anand

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Amar Takhar <verm at darkbeer.org> wrote:

> On 2015-03-21 07:25 +0530, Anand Krishnan wrote:
> > Ok then, I'll work on it.
> > I'll check out WxPython and PyQt? Please let me know if they arent
> suitable.
>
> wxPython is what we will be using.
>

> > In the options.py file (
> https://git.rtems.org/amar/waf.git/tree/rtems_waf/
> > defaults/options.py), there are multiple classes. The configuration
> supposed
> > to set values for each of this classes, isn't it?
>
> Yes the classes are located in config/
>
> These classes also need to be fixed to spread out the types more and set
> limits.
>
> Yeah I saw "Needs to be fixed" when I went through the code in
config/options.py